The Dubai International Financial Centre is the world’s fastest-growing international financial centre. It has developed the same stature as New York, London and Hong Kong and primarily serves the vast region between Western Europe and East Asia. The DIFC is a 110-acre free zone.
Since it opened in September 2004, the DIFC has attracted high caliber firms from around the globe as well as its region. A world-class stock exchange, NASDAQ Dubai (formerly known as the Dubai International Financial Exchange or DIFX), opened in the DIFC in September 2005.
- Zero percent tax rate on income and profit
- An “onshore” capital market
- DIFC courts ensure highest international standard of legal procedures, certainty, flexibility and efficiency expected by global institutions
- Establishes strata-titled laws in accordance with international standards
- 100% foreign ownership companies permitted